Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cheesy Black Bean Quesadilla Rolls - Morningstar Farms Chipotle Black Bean Burgers


PREP : Easy / TASTE: Great! / REPEAT : YES!!!

This recipe was on the box of Morningstar Chipotle Black Bean burgers that I bought at Costco. LOVED this!  It was easy to make and great tasting.  One thing I did differently was with regards to rolling it up. They suggested cutting a tortilla into a triangle and wrapping the ends over the middle. I thought that was a waste of tortilla, it increased the cost by utilizing more tortillas than necessary and they wouldn't be all that great to eat that way. So, I rolled the mixture in the tortillas and then sliced in the center diagonally.  I also took some Homemade Gourmet Chipotle seasoning I had and mixed it with Litehouse Homestyle Ranch (love this stuff!). I also only had cheddar cheese so that is what I used. I'm sure it will be even better with a mix of cheeses. The salsa is homemade. 

RECIPE:
2 Morningstar Farms Chipotle Black Bean Burgers, thawed and cut into 1/4" pieces
1/2 c salsa
1/2 c shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 c shredded Pepper Jack cheese
2 t Southwest or Mexican seasoning (I used chipotle from Homemade Gourmet because it is what I had)
10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1 T butter, melted
2 1/2 " cups shredded lettuce (optional)
2 T finely chopped red or green bell pepper (optional) (I didn't cut mine enough)

1. In medium bowl toss together burgers, salsa, cheese and seasoning. (NOTE: the burgers do crumble when cut into small pieces but it really doesn't matter)
2. Place 2 TB (appx, maybe more since I changed how I rolled these up) of the mixture in a tortilla. 
3. Roll up and cut diagonally in half.   Place a toothpick diagonally through top fold and bottom to hold in place and place pieces on a baking sheet pan.
4. Melt butter and spread over top roll ups.
5. Bake at 375 degrees 9-12 minutes.

Serves 5 (according to recipe). I did 1 and 1/2 times the recipe for our family and used two half-size baking sheet pans to bake them.

No comments: