Saturday, September 15, 2007

Hot and Sour Soup - (America's Test Kitchen Test Kitchen Favorites, p 116-117)

PREP: Average
TASTE: VERY good
REPEAT: YES

NOTES: As per some of my previous posts, I've got to remember to NOT buy the pork chops that have the bone and fat in them. It is a pain to cut up and very time consuming. This soup could be quick and easy once I get the recipe down in my head so I know what steps to do when, and when I have a good cut of pork loin or boneless chop to cut up. Liana really liked the soup, Tyler and I enjoyed it. Tanner didn't want it. Also, the conversion for the black vinegar of 5 T recommened 1T balsamic vinegar and 1T redwine vinegar. I would at least double that portion because it needed more sour taste to it. Also, the chili oil I bought must not have been that hot. I used a little more than 1tsp (2 were recommended for the heat). The balance was good, but could have used the full 2tsp and been just fine.

No comments: