Sunday, September 23, 2007

Pasta w/ Arugula, Goat Chese and Sun Dried Tomato es - America's Test Kitchen/Cook'sIllustrated.com & January, 2004 (& oven fried potatoes)

PREP: Easy
TASTE: Very Good
REPEAT: Yes

NOTES: POTATOES - We were grilling some steaks for dinner and needed something to go with it. I had only a few small potatoes from Christian's grandfather's garden and cut those into pieces. I precooked them a little in the microwave to soften them and cut them and put them on a baking sheet, drizzled with EVOO and then sprinkled a Sun Dried tomato based herb mixture from my "dipping spices" and broiled them for a few minutes. They came out PERFECT.

The herb choice above came about as a result of choosing a pasta dish from Cookillustrated.com to try. I used whole wheat egg noodles (instead of campanelli or fuselli because I didn't have either). They ended up being a fine choice. While boiling the water I rinsed and dried off the jar of Sun Dried Tomatoes and threw them in the food processor with 5 T EVOO, 1/4 cup of lighlty toasted walnuts, 1/2 cup of parmesan, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper. When the noodles were done, I saved 3/4 c water from the noodles and put in some of the mesculun mix (minus the frisee and radiccio) because I didn't have 10 oz of arugula. Because I wasn't sure how the other lettuces would wilt, I only put in a couple handfuls. Then, mix the reserved water with the pesto and stri into the pasta. YUM. Serve with a dollop, 1/2 oz piece of goat cheese. EVEN YUMMIER!

REPEAT NOTES: Try with the other type of pasta, but the egg noodles were great. Try with full amount of arugula. Great, easy dish.

No comments: