Friday, February 29, 2008

Fish Tacos w/ Avocado Dressing - (Express Lane Meals, Rachael Ray, p. 161)

TASTE: Quite good
PREP: Fairly quick
REPEAT: Yes

This recipe called for halibut which I didn't have. I used Mahi Mahi and Tilapia because I had some in the freezer. I had to adjust amounts of ingredients as I went with the recipe because of the amount of fish I had. Once seasoned, I flaked both types together and they tasted fine, not super full of flavor, but fine. I could've had a little more salt on the fish perhaps, but then it might have been too dry.

The avocado dressing was easy enough, but when RR calls for the juice of two limes it's really hard to know how much to use. I had limes from Sam's Club that were larger and very juicy. I tried to reduce some but the lime still overpowered the dressing flavor.

Next time, add more salt somewhere towards the end to bring out the flavor of the fish and corn mixture. Overall it was a nice change to our regular tacos and it cooked up quickly.

Key Ingredients: limes, tilapia or halibut, corn, jalepeno, avocados, cilantro, corn, chicken stock, romaine hearts, red wine vinegar

No comments: