Sunday, November 30, 2008

Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake (MarthaStewart.com/Everyday Food)

TASTE : Very good
PREP: Easy
REPEAT : Yes

This cake was very easy to make. I did it with whole wheat flour, I think?, and it still tasted great. It's been awhile so I may have used some AP flour. What I remember though is that the cake fell apart. The blueberries clusted in the middle it seemd and everywhere they clustered, it was too moist and the cake was falling apart when I tried to get it out of the pan. I'[m not sure if it's because the blueberries had been frozen and then thawed. Maybe fresh that were washed and well dried would be better? May try dried blueberries next time.

KEY INGREDIENTS: flour, baking powder, butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream, blueberries and lemon zest.

ICING/GLAZE : 1/4 c. lemon juice and 2 and 1/2 cups confectionar's (powdered) sugar

No comments: