Friday, January 23, 2009

Eggnog Cheese Pie with Bourbon Cream (Cooking Light, December 2004, p220)

PREP: A bit more work due to extra bowls and the number of steps
TASTE : Yummy!! (so good I had to make two of them!)
REPEAT : Most definitely

Basic graham cracker crust, pre cooked. I skipped making the bourbon cream because I didn't want to spend the money on the bourbon and I had some natural whipped topping anyway. So the filling requires you to drain the yogurt. Well, I didn't have plain yogurt anyway so I just used fat free sour cream without draining and it worked just fine. Also used one full block of 1/3 less fat cream cheese instead of 1/2 and 1/2 fat free, just because it is what I had on hand. There is 3/4 c eggnog in the recipe, and whipped egg whites folded in just before baking.

No comments: