Sunday, July 4, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie (Sue Gregg, "Meals in Minutes", p 43)

PREP: Easy
TASTE: Good
REPEAT: Yes

Overall the family apparently enjoyed this dish. I wasn't home when they ate it.  Plan ahead to prepare the topping to allow for the two-stage nutrition process with the grains.  I substituted zucchini and garlic for the carrots and celery because I had it on hand. Then, instead of frozen peas I used frozen mixed vegetable medley from Costco which was all organic veggies.  Would repeat this one.  Reminder to myself, yes the chicken goes in the sauce mixture raw and cooks in the oven. :)
 
UPDATE July 28th, 2009

Made two batches yesterday. One for our family and one to bring as a meal for someone at church.  I might go lighter on the Thyme next time, or at least measure it accurately.  Too much and it has a weird taste for me.  However, the dish overall was really good and quite easy to make. Another thing I need to do is to make sure that mixture is thickened prior to putting in the last veggies and chicken and putting it into the oven. This time the dish came out of the oven a little watery.  Given some time to sit it will still set nicely.

No comments: