Saturday, July 10, 2010

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes - Martha Stewart Cupcakes

TASTE: Good
PREP : Fair
REPEAT : Yes

The family really liked these cupcakes.  I thought they were good fresh but not in my top list of cupcakes to indulge on.  For this batch I did them as the recipe called for ingredients, including all-purpose flour (though I used organic non-bleached which supposedly can affect the crumb texture) and cake flour.  I intend on trying this again with some substitutes. I'm thinking that if I sift my fresh ground soft white wheat flour than I will reduce the bran in the muffin. This will give me a more cake flour texture and still mostly unadulterated content.  I'll post the results in comparison when I get to it. I must note that the original recipe did result in a very fine and soft cupcake crumb.

No comments: