Saturday, June 16, 2007

Chicken w/ Tomatoes & Mushrooms (Everyday Food, October 2005, p87)

PREP: Easy
TASTE: Good to Very Good
REPEAT: Yes
NOTES: Had chicken quarters (halves?) that I needed to use so I used them in this dish. They had skin and bones and I wouldn't do that again. The recipe is a version of chicken cacciatore, which typically is full pieces of chicken, but I don't care to fish out the skin and bones when I don't need to. When I started the recipe I thought I had twice as much chicken as the recipe called for so I planned to do a double batch. I ended up with too much tomatoes to break down properly like they were supposed to. I THINK they would do what they are supposed to do better if I followed the recipe better. Could do 2 separate pots or dutch ovens if I wanted to double.

KEY INGREDIENTS: chicken breasts, mushrooms, garlic, stewed tomatoes, dried oregano

No comments: