Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It shouldn't be so hard to figure out...Right?

So people like Rachael Ray, Martha Stewart, Emeril Lagasse, Bobby Flay and so on and so on, make it seem like such a cinch to whip up a fun, tempting and appetizing recipe. Magazines show beautiful pictures and use delectable words to whet the appetite and stir up some inner drive to get cooking in the kitchen. For me, I want to get cookin' so I can get eatin'! I hate paying the high costs of foods prepared at a restaurant, but I do enjoy being served and the great food I've gotten at some places. Well, as a mom who's wanting to help our family stay out of debt and plan for our future, I'll take the trade off; I'll work in the kitchen and learn how to make great food while saving money on how much it costs to eat it.

Goals:

Improve techniques in the kitchen. Cutting, cleaning as you go, knowing how much to prepare etc. and speed in preparation.

Prepare a variety of food that offers healthy options and keeps costs down. Not all rice and beans recipes, but certainly better than pre-pared foods at a restaurant or even in the grocers freezer.

Blog recipes tried and tips that work, or don't, to keep a record of things I am learning. Maybe someone else can learn from my mistakes and victories as well. :)

1 comment:

Vicki Miller said...

Love this! I look forward to reading through this blog, trying some of the recipes and learning from you! Blessings!